Cleanse your skin before bedtime.
Getting quality sleep is key to having youthful, glowing, great-looking skin.
When it comes to having youthful and glowing skin, you may think you need expensive treatments to achieve it.But I’ll let you in on a small secret – getting sound sleep can do wonders for your skin.
Sleep is the closest thing there is to the fountain of youth. Your body works to repair itself while you rest. Sleep also benefits your appearance in numerous ways. The secret is to get six to nine hours of sleep each night. Now, you can blame your lack of sleep on all the hundred things you have to do before you decide to rest, or you can take control and get your beauty sleep. Not only will your skin look amazing, but as your body renews itself, you’ll also produce new collagen. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. It’s what gives your body its firmness, supports elasticity, and when collagen is abundant in your body, it can maintain existing skin structures.
Here are some tips to help you get a good night’s sleep and start achieving youthful, beautiful skin:
- Food before bedtime – Make sure that you eat only a light dinner before you go to bed. Going to bed with a full stomach can lead to indigestion and disrupt your sleep. Also, make sure that you’re eating foods that will keep you satiated so that you don’t wake up in the middle of the night looking for snacks.
- Water consumption – Even though drinking water is essential for the healthy maintenance of your body and skin, limit the amount of water you consume before bedtime. Drinking less water right before bedtime may help limit bathroom interruptions in the middle of the night.
- Alcoholic beverages – Consumption of alcohol not only dehydrates your skin, but can also affect your sleep patterns. You might wake up multiple times during the night because either you need to go to the bathroom or because you’re feeling dehydrated and need a drink of water.
- Skincare regimen – Just like you have an evening routine before going to bed by putting on pajamas and brushing your teeth, you should also prepare your skin for rest. Having a good skincare regimen, which includes a cleanser and moisturizer, will prepare your skin for the much-needed rest it deserves. Since you’re exposed to pollution during the day, make sure you use a gentle cleanser that removes makeup and impurities. Look for a cleanser that is dermatologist-tested and sulfate-free to prevent irritation to the skin. After cleansing, use a night time moisturizer, preferably with natural botanicals like aloe vera and essential oils that’ll leave your skin soft and moisturized.
We all have hectic schedules and responsibilities to attend to, but only you have control over the amount of sleep you get. So prioritize and make time to for your well-deserved skin renewal treatment – a good night’s rest!
Find out more at: http://www.DiscoverHerbalife.com
Boost confidence by toning up loose skin.
The appearance of loose skin when you are on a weight-loss journey can be disheartening. Although exercise alone won’t return your skin back to its former shape, there are some things that you can do to improve the way it looks.
The skin is an amazing organ of the body. Its ability to stretch and shrink to accommodate our ever-changing physique is incredible. However, some people can get disheartened and become unmotivated when they find that their exercise routine seems to be making their body appear to be loose and saggy, instead of buff and toned. Unfortunately, sometimes, loose skin, especially after drastic weight loss, can’t be improved because it has been stretched out for such a long time. For many people, however, there are several ways they can improve this problem and boost their confidence in the process.
Related Article: Kick These Habits to Improve Your Skin
Here are some tips to help you start toning up:
- Avoid drastic weight loss: When you lose weight incredibly fast, you do not give your skin a chance to adapt. The best approach with weight loss is to take it slowly to avoid instantly sagging skin. A weight loss of 1 to 2 pounds per week is a sustainable and safe amount.
- Beef up your strength-training program: One of the best ways to improve the appearance of your skin is to build muscle. As you lose body fat, your skin can appear loose because there is less volume filling up the space beneath it. If you build muscle, your skin will appear to be much more toned.
- Avoid grueling cardio training without proper nutrition: Overtraining with cardio can cause the loss of not only fat, but also muscle. Muscle loss, in combination with fat loss, can make the skin loose. If you are doing extensive cardio training, you must provide your body with proper nutrition. This will help your body recover and reduce the chance that you will be losing precious muscle mass.
- Stay hydrated: Hydration is important for your skin. It is the first thing that suffers when you are not drinking enough fluid because the body draws fluid away from the surface of the skin and redirects it to more essential organs. Dehydration makes the skin appear more wrinkled and this can make loose skin look worse than it actually is. When you are well hydrated, the skin benefits greatly and the cells appear to be more plump. If you are exercising regularly, or living in a warm climate, taking extra care of your body’s hydration needs is essential.
- Massage and moisturize your body often: Treating your skin to some good moisturizer and massaging your body each day when you get out of the shower encourages improved circulation. This can help your skin to look and feel great.
- Do not get discouraged: Loose skin is a small price to pay for being healthy and in shape. When you give your body ample time to adapt and stay focused with living a healthy, active lifestyle, the problem of loose skin can seem less important over time. When you feel upset about your skin, try to focus on the positive ways in which living a healthy lifestyle and exercising regularly is impacting your life.
I experienced drastic weight gain during pregnancy when I was pregnant with triplets. It took a long time for my skin to recover after pregnancy. It’s still not perfect, but my positive approach is to connect with women who have had a similar experience. I know you will understand when I say that finding ways to avoid bending when in a swimsuit, or sitting on a sun lounger in just the right position to avoid the wrinkles, takes practice. Feeling good and being healthy is what truly matters most. When you focus on the positives, the negatives seem less of a problem.
Written by Samantha Clayton, AFAA, ISSA. Samantha is Sr. Director of Fitness Education at Herbalife.
Find out more at: http://www.DiscoverHerbalife.com