Did you buy too many sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving? Use your leftovers to prepare this breakfast bowl that’ll keep you filled all morning long.
Switch the bagel and cream cheese for this dish that is full of protein and can be thrown together in less than five minutes (if you roast the sweet potatoes ahead of time). This dish makes a healthy alternative for this busy time of the year.
Remember, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so start your day the right way with great nutrition.
- 1 large sweet potato (orange yam kind), roasted
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 eggs (fried, or poached)
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Sunflower seeds, chia seeds
- Hot sauce
- Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss sweet potato, oil, salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, tossing occasionally, until tender and browned, 35 to 45 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large skillet, add the oil and heat to medium-low. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant for about 1 minute. Add the spinach and stir for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place spinach in bowl. Add cooked quinoa. Add sweet potato, avocado and eggs.
Serve with sunflower seeds, chia seeds, hot sauce and/or a dollop of plain Greek yogurt.
Find out more at: http://www.DiscoverHerbalife.com